Black is the new Ruckdee.
When your would-be bride dumps you for a tomboy…
When the stocks go down the shitter…
When you can hardly concentrate on the work at hand and your clients are almost ready to give up on you…
When your good friends Johnnie (Walker), Jack (Daniels) and Jim (Beam) say there’s nothing they can do for you anymore…
When Doctor Zoloft agrees with the three wise men above…
When the going gets tough…
…the tough buys a car!

Yes, right. Isn’t that the perfect solution? Buy a little something to cheer myself up. How about a brand new Toyota Camry 2.4V I have always wanted ho ho ho. What a brave decision in the time when petrol prices go only one way … up!
Look at those sharp headlights.

Love it, head to tail.

Something fancy to look at when the traffic is cruel.

Camry… Camry… Camry…

I know this is going to sound crazy but the car is the pillar of my “Black Ruckdee” concept. It is sort of my coping mechanism, my response to the bitterness I can’t simply put in words. You see, I have always behaved in relationships. I have always been trying to be a good person, to do what’s right and to have some restraints even if it means making sacrifices in certain areas. But what good does it do? No good. Most of the time I was taken for granted. And, worse, in some ten years I was cheated twice! What can I say? I lost years of my life for lessons I don’t need.
Well, not anymore. Remember how Pluto had the angel and the devil fighting in his brain in battles of conscience? The devil in Ruckdee has just shoved the three pronged fork up the angel’s rear. That’s it. Black here represents the dark side. From now on I’ll just have to be a little bit more self-centered, a little less committed and somewhat more realistic. I’ll be as honest all right otherwise I’ll turn into another scum. Honest, but not committed.
The Black Ruckdee concept requires a black car first of all AND a black watch to match it! Yes, I know it’s a pretty lame excuse but try being me and you’ll understand the kind of “relief” I need. ;)
So a watch it is. Given the state of my collection, I believe there is no better choice than the ubercool IWC Portuguese Automatic with seven days of power reserve.

Look at that massive rotor. If IWC is not kidding, the medallion is 18 ct. gold. And whatever defects present in the original Cal. 50010 and the improved Cal. 51010 have been addressed in this most recent Cal. 51011.

The watch is so full on the wrist. It gives me a pleasantly strange and satisfying sensation.

I would have bought it a long time ago if I knew it is going to make me feel this good. This one is definitely a keeper. I’ve been wearing it for a week straight already.
Uhhh… Do you by chance have any idea why I am picturing a black shotgun? Just to go with this black car and black watch? I can already see the vague outline of a pump action. It has short 14” barrel and no stock. My, oh, my… Talk about indulgence.
Black Ruckdee. Honest, but not committed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home